Location: Burbage Leicestershire
Reporting to: Head of Service Desk
Contract: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience 2 years minimum
Holidays: 20 days plus statutory bank holidays
Verilan are in the next phase of their expansion and are looking for 2 junior helpdesk technicians to join their already well established helpdesk. Our ethos is to deliver the highest level of service and customer care to our clients. Verilan are very well established in the IT support market place and have delivered some of the highest profiled solutions to UK sporting venues. With your help, we hope to continue to deliver our exacting service to our current and future clients.
The primary function of the role is to deal with incoming tickets and telephone requests, actively scheduling and prioritising requests by order of urgency and service level agreement.
A large proportion of the job will be dealing with incoming tickets and telephone requests, however there are other interesting elements that we will teach the successful candidates of which include managing and developing our helpdesk platform, monitoring and auditing our client’s sites, scheduling software rollouts, administering antivirus endpoints and administering and deploying hosted telephony solutions to name but a few.
Personal Skills Required:
- Dealing with incoming tickets and telephone calls in a courteous manner verbally and electronically
- Taking ownership of your allocated tickets and seeing them through to their logical life cycle to completion
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Act as a technical authority to our client’s needs with the support of the senior helpdesk technician.
- Develop and maintain your own helpdesk knowledge and skills to assist first time fault resolution “training will be provided to hone your future skills”
- Escalate tickets as required based on service levels, priority and or urgency
- Ensure that we deliver 100% client satisfaction
Technical Skills Required:
- Exceptional telephone manner and good attitude
- Ability to articulate confident communication both verbally and written
- Absolute passion for IT and technology on a whole
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work unsupervised
- At least 2 years experience working on an active service/help desk
- 2 years experience working with Windows 2008-2016
- 2 years experience working with Exchange server
- Windows 8/8.1 and 10 to intermediate level
- Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 to intermediate level
- Good working understanding of NTFS shares and permission
- Good understanding of AV endpoints
- Good understanding of firewalls
- Ability to produce concise documentation and service notes
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding clients
- Ability to adopt and adapt new skills quickly
- Good team player
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office 365 intermediate administration
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SharePoint basic level
- Basis understanding of Microsoft Azure basic level
We expect all employees to display exceptional behaviour reflective of our Company values, friendly, Committed, Trustworthy, Ethical with integrity.
If you are interested in this roll please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org